Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Stacy's week 1 training update

So, I set out for the first training hike last Saturday, Feb. 5, however the rain followed me all the way to Irvine! It poured the entire drive there, and I managed to get lost...GPS is not perfect! :-) Anyway, when I called to find out where the rest of my team was, my team mentor told me that they were going to cancel; the rain was just coming down too hard! So, I drove back to the freeway and went home. But, "how am I am going to train for a hike like half dome in the gym?" I thought to myself. I decided that I'd go to the gym and do a workout on the treadmill, but I found the "random" setting. If you are not sure what the "random" setting is, I assure you, it is not something you always want to do. I definitely got a workout! I set my incline to level 15, which means that my lowest incline was at 5.5, and it went up to 11.3 (I think that's a % incline, but I am not sure), so it felt like I was actually going up and down hills like I would on a hike! And it worked me! Our training hike was supposed to be 3 miles, so I committed to 3 miles. It was such a good workout, I opted to do it again on Sunday, but this time, I started at level 13 and ended at level 17! I kept a 3.2 MPH pace, and finished the 3 miles in under an hour! Last night (Tues) I went to bootcamp and worked hard as usual, doing a circuit, squats, lunges, push-ups, etc. I will do another night of bootcamp on Thurs as well, and am planning for a walk of some sort Fri. Our first training hike (minus the rain) will be Sat! Let's hope for no rain!!! I will post another update next week!

Thanks again for all of your donations! We really appreciate them! We will be planning a garage sale, a poker night, and perhaps some other fundraising parties soon, so we will let you know in case you'd like to come to the party or have stuff to sell at the sale!

No comments:

Post a Comment