Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Feet


Since our hike tomorrow has been cancelled due to unpredictable weather conditions, I thought I would share a picture that I see everyday from the sound spelling cards (i.e., picture coded alphabet cards)in the classrooms where I teach. Looking at this today took on a new meaning besides F...Foot...FFFFF...spelled F and PH (my fellow teachers will appreciate this one). It reminded me of the 18 miles and 4737 ft. of elevation gain we are attempting to hike on June 19th! I'm pretty sure this is what we will see when we take the hiking boots off at the end of the day. I know this because this is exactly what Stacy and her sister Jaime's feet looked like after their 39.3 mile 2 day Avon breast cancer walk a couple of years ago. They actually had to visit a Dr. Scholl's blister tent to get patched up after walking a full marathon on day one so that they could complete a half marathon to finish up the event on day 2!

I would also like to announce that it was Stacy's 33rd birthday on February 17 and the only thing she wants for her birthday is a raise in temperature on our Team Lost Dogs donation thermometer (see widget on the right)! Stacy and I have a goal of raising $4000 by March 9 and we would like to raise $8000 by May 25! If you plan on donating but were thinking of waiting until closer to our event, sooner is definitely better than later for us. We may even have a celebration that you won't want to miss for all those who donate! We will keep you posted! Thank you for all of your support! We greatly appreciate all the donations, good thoughts, and all around support thus far!

Phil

2 comments:

  1. i put that chafing chapstick stuff on my feet and it really helped keep away blisters in the marathon/training...just a thought.

    ReplyDelete